Terms & Conditions
The Floor Sanding Process
1. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure rooms are completely empty of furniture and persons at the start of work. All effects that might be damaged by the process of sanding or from dust (books, paintings,
etc.) should be removed from the work areas. A furniture removal service is available as an extra, and please advise the Booking Agent if this is required;
2. If rooms are not left empty, the Company cannot be held liable for any damage that occurs due to the moving of furniture, and/or guarantee a completely uniform finish;
3. The sanding process to be used is materially (estimated at 95%) dust-free. Small amounts of fine dust will however be produced. Where it is necessary to use hand sanders (such as upon stairs, small landings, corner areas, etc.) or make repairs this may increase the amount of dust produced by the work. The Company shall not be responsible for any damage caused by dust emanating from the work;
4. Although reasonable care will be exercised by the Company, due to nature of machine and staining / finishing work, decoration and skirting may be liable to marking. The Company cannot be held responsible for this nor the cost of redecoration of the skirting boards.
5. Stairs sanding includes sanding/sealing of flats and risers only. Sides, poles and handrails will be treated as an extra if not specifically provided for by the quotation.
Repairs and Existing Damage and other related issues
1. Minor repairs (such as fixing down loose floor boards, filling of cracks, etc.) will be made as necessary to make good and even out the floor surface unless otherwise instructed by the Client. Substructure repairs
and/or any major repairs (including nailing down all nails or screws) will only be made after instruction by Client and shall in such case be chargeable to the Client as an extra;
2. The Company reserves the right to charge a reasonable sum as an extra in respect of any work which it undertakes at the request of the Client and which was not readily apparent from the Company’s pre contract inspection(s) of the Premises upon which their quotation was based. An example is unforeseen work required to areas which are covered over with carpets or other floor coverings or to areas which are hidden by furniture or other objects.
3. The colour and quality of timber provided by the Company under the Contract shall be in accordance with market availability in terms of quality, age, colour, and grain;
4. Accordingly the nature of wood timber provided under the Contract cannot be guaranteed to be the same colour and shade etc. as existing ones.
5. The Company shall have no responsibility in respect of existing damage to Clients property in the form of old and pre-existing stains/burns/spillages etc. which cannot be cleaned and/or removed completely by its workers by use of industry standard methods.
6. The Company shall not be responsible for a poor result in sanding or restoration where this is a result of considerable wear and tear and/or excessive damage of the floor arising prior to the start of the work.
7. The Company shall not be responsible for any odours arising during and/or after the work where this is due to factors such as, lack of ventilation, and/or appropriate heating.
8. The Company shall not be responsible for any damage caused as a result of placing furniture by the Client on the floor, within 12 hours following the time of application of the last coat of varnish / oiling /
waxing on the floor.
9. The Customer shall be required to provide to the workers on site reasonable facilities to undertake the work in terms of normal and/or artificial light, heating and toilet facilities
1. Due to the natural movement of the wood (expansion or shrinking due to weather conditions, or when heating or other pipes are located directly under the floor) or exposure to extreme humidity or traffic load, resin filling cannot be guaranteed and the Company is not responsible if the resin should fail at any
time due to such reasons.
2. When a slivers gap fill method is used, the Company cannot guarantee that the slivers (even though produced from reclaimed timber) used to fill the gaps can be exact match to the existing floor – every piece of wood is unique, therefore it might vary in colour, grain, shade etc.
3. The edges / gaps between the floor and the walls / skirting boards are not included in the quotations unless otherwise instructed. Such gap filling is a subject to additional service and charges;
4. Gaps between risers and steps on a staircase do not fall in the general services of the quotation unless otherwise instructed and charged additional
1. Colour samples are a small representation, and there will be slight colour or shade variation when applied over a larger area.
2. Once colour stain has been agreed, verbally or otherwise, any changes after the staining process has been started will be chargeable as an extra.
3. It is the Client’s responsibility to check colour at moment of application. Any recolouring will be chargeable as an extra.
4. Due to nature of stain application technique, skirting may be marked during colouring. The Company cannot be held liable for any marking or redecoration required as a result.
5. Complete uniformity is not always possible when colouring and finishing a floor by hand. The Company shall have no responsibility in respect of the same.
Sealing & Maintenance
1. The Company provides three coats of lacquer or two coats of oil/hard wax (depending on the Client’s choice) as standard. Additional coats are available at extra cost;
2. Whilst the Company will exercise reasonable skill and care, hand applied seals may not show complete uniformity. Recoating at the Client’s request will be chargeable as an extra;
3. Seal longevity is dependent on traffic conditions/usage and upon standard of maintenance implemented by the Client;
4. All floor seals are designed for “wear resistance” and not “impact”. The impact resistance depends on the density of the wooden floor itself, but can be increased by using Junckers High Performance lacquer. Such lacquer will be charged as an extra if not included within the quotation;
5. We recommend maintaining floor with professional maintenance products only (such as Bona or Osmo);
6. Professional maintenance programmes are available to be provided by the Company as an extra. Please ask if this is required;
7. Lacquers are generally touch dry in 1-2 hours, oils – in 6-8 hours (the duration of drying time may vary depending on the manufacturer and the weather conditions). It is the Client’s responsibility to make
arrangements as necessary so as to avoid contact or other interference with seals during curing time;
8. Floors should not be covered, nor furniture replaced, until curing process is complete. The Company cannot be held liable for marking to floors after job is complete and once accepted by the Client;
9. t is not the responsibility of the Company to protect floors after completion of work on site;
10. The Company reserves the right at its reasonable discretion to change the job specification on site as may be reasonably necessary in order to provide the most appropriate or suitable finish for the floor.